When it comes to anger, holding it in and letting it run out of control can be equally destructive. Our Gainesville counseling services are here to help if you find yourself experiencing anger control issues as defined by the Mayo Clinic.
Signs of Anger Management Problems
Anger can be frightening because you may not even be aware of it until the feeling becomes overwhelming. The first step in anger management is learning to recognize when the emotion is building up.
Do any of these situations sound familiar?
* Chronic irritation, impatience and hostility
* Feelings of having to restrain your anger
* Consuming focus on negative thoughts and experiences
* Frequent arguments of escalating intensity
* Threats of or actual violence involving people or property
* Excessively risky behavior, such as reckless driving
* Avoiding people or situations due to fear of outbursts
Developing Anger Management Skills
Uncontrollable anger often stems from particular stress factors ranging from heavy traffic to tensions in a relationship. Identifying your specific triggers helps you become aware of situations when anger may arise.
Anger affects you physically and emotionally, so it’s essential to develop a variety of skills addressing both aspects. Problem-solving, effective communication and good eating and sleeping habits are just some of the coping mechanisms that help you reduce stress and manage anger productively.
Learn to Defuse Anger with Gainesville Counseling Services
Faith provides a solid framework for successful anger management techniques. Contact us for caring and experienced help with your personal development.